9 Tips for an Unbeatable Immune System
Author: Dr. Brad Burgess
It's that "time of year" where everyone gets into a panic around the Cold and Flu. While both of these can be nuisances and make us feel like garbage for a few days. There are natural ways we can avoid getting sick this season.
1. Maintaining a healthy nervous system- this will always be number one as it is the most important asset to our body and our health. Our nervous system controls and coordinates all processes in the body. Dr. Brad gives adjustments that honor the body's intelligence and unleash the nervous system of interference. If the nervous system is interfered with this can affect the immune system!
2. Essential Oil- doTERRA On Guard protects against environmental and seasonal threats with essential oils known for their positive effects on the immune system when ingested. When diffused, doTERRA On Guard helps purify the air and can be very energizing and uplifting. Oil of Oregano has within it a compound called carvacrol, which is good for bacterial infections, fungal infections, parasites, viruses, inflammation, allergies, tumors, indigestion, candida, small intestine bacterial overgrowth and even helping to reduce side effects from medications and drugs.
*Feel free to contact Dr. Brad for more information on purchasing essential oils or becoming an affiliate!
3. Cold Showers- so this may seem a little counter-intuitive since it's cold outside. BUT! a study from England found that taking daily cold showers increased the numbers of disease-fighting white blood cells. as the body tries to warm itself during and after a cold shower, metabolic rate speeds up and activates the immune system, which leads to the release of more white blood cells.
4. Elderberry- The anthocyanins in elderberry have been shown known to have potent immunostimulant effects. In fact, a 2016 study showed that elderberry supplementation can vastly reduce the duration and symptoms of the cold. Another study in the Journal of International Medical Research found that when the elderberry extract is used within the first 48 hours of the onset of flu symptoms, it shortens the duration of symptoms by an average of four days.
*Copy this link ( https://amzn.to/2DQPoA1 ) for Elderberry Concentrate.
5. Zinc- I recommend getting high-dose zinc lozenges, as opposed to capsules or tablets. This is because lozenges are dissolved slowly in the mouth, providing a steady release of free ions into the pharyngeal region in the nasal cavity, and therefore can have a greater effect on reducing respiratory and nasal symptoms associated with sickness. In fact, studies have shown that zinc lozenges can decrease the duration of a cold by 5-7 days
*Copy this link ( https://amzn.to/2DyCa9X ) to purchase a combination of Elderberry and Zinc!
6. Fermented Foods- It is estimated that 80-85% of the immune system lies in the gut. Indeed, immunity begins with the bacteria in our digestive tract, as these creatures play vital roles in nutrient absorption, mucosal barrier function, support of gut lymphoid tissue, and immune function. Fermented food helps us to build up our guts bio-diversity. Over the past century, we have lost much of our guts bio-diversity by consuming inorganic food, pesticides, antibiotics, and genetically modified foods. Some awesome sources of fermented food are pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir, miso, and kombucha.
7. Bone Broth- an incredible source of nutrition in the diet. This food is so nutritionally dense that a South American proverb proclaimed that "bone broth raises the dead." Not only is it good for fighting off illness, its fantastic at healing the gut. Making it yourself is a great way to have a personal connection to the broth and including your own ingredients of choice. Kettle and Fire is the best store brand around. They get only grass-fed beef bones and use great practices.
8. Mushrooms- My favorite method of course for staying healthy year-round is by supplementing with medicinal mushrooms. These mushrooms are Chaga, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Cordyceps, Maitake, and Lions Mane. Mushrooms are a nutrition powerhouse, providing B vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, antioxidants and beta-glucans, and other bioactive molecules that fight harmful bacteria, viruses and toxins. Beta-glucans activate the immune system to attack invaders and cancerous cells more readily.
I recommend Host Defense products as their standards are superior to all others: https://amzn.to/2Q6IZXb
9. ACF by Buried Treasure- this has been a tried and true remedy for any acute symptoms of the Cold and Flu. Buried treasure has made a powerhouse product full of medicinal plants to Mike Tyson punch the cold and flu out of the body. Buried Treasure ACF Fast Relief rapid immune support is made with 1,000 mg of Vitamin C with Citrus Bioflavonoids, Zinc, Rutin, Echinacea. Elderberry extract, Goldenseal, Myrrh, Thyme, Purified Silver and more.
Paste this link ( https://amzn.to/2DASUh1 ) into your search bar to purchase this product.
Summary: You now hold the information to create a bulletproof immune system grounded in the laws of nature. Nature provides the sources of our best medicines that the body can incorporate and doesn't need to heal from. The time is now to start caring for your body and your nervous system. Dr. Brad is here for any guidance and assistance. Let's create 100 happy healthy years free from the cold and flu.
This article is provided by Elite Chiropractic and Wellness
your 100 Year Lifestyle Affiliate Chiropractor in Sterling Heights MI
[ Go back ]